Nominated staff play a significant part in the successful evacuation of premises. Our courses provide a comprehensive guide for fire wardens and fire marshals, providing them with a thorough understanding of their responsibilities and helping to give them the confidence to carry out their roles successfully.
Our specially designed Fire Warden and Marshal Training Course aims to provide delegates with a basic understanding of fire, fire procedures, fire survival techniques and the role and responsibilities of the Fire Warden or Marshal. Using a combination of classroom and practical sessions the course should help delegates take the right course of action in the event of an emergency. Topics covered include:
- Presentation of general fire safety in the workplace and in the home
- Actions required during a fire evacuation if a fire is discovered and the alarm is raised
- Role & responsibilities of the fire marshal/warden
- Human behaviour in fires
- Basic theory of combustion, why and how things burn
- Basic fire prevention measures
- Types of fire extinguishers and their uses
- Film showing the dangers of heat, smoke and flame
- Film showing how rapidly a fire will grow
- Practical fire extinguisher demonstration and use of fire extinguishers by course attendees
The course lasts 3 hours and can include a maximum number of 15 delegates.
We offer a programme of standard courses held at our London head office. Alternatively, if you require training for a number of delegates, we are able to offer an exclusive course tailored around your emergency plan, specific staff roles or other key requirements of your organisation. Training is available at our London head office or at suitable client specified locations nationwide.
All our trainers are highly experienced in a variety of fire safety disciplines, gained from extensive careers in fire safety management and as qualified fire fighters.